Our client a Leading International Engineering Company are seeking a Commercial Manager to run commercial operations from their South East location.
This role is the ‘commercial and contractual guardian’ of a project or projects. The incumbent will closely administer and manage all commercial aspects of the contract with all stakeholders of a project; client and external subcontractors. They provide contractual and commercial advice to the Project Management team and often operate as the Project Manager’s right hand person.
The Commercial Manager shall lead the following aspects of a contract and be able to do so for major projects that operate on a lump sum or target basis and that are subject to significant change from aspects such as design or delay & disruption (i.e. Complex Contracts):
• Contract cash flow
• Contract change management
• Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
• Cost control and earned value management
• Project Commercial Reporting including accurate forecasting
• Interviewing, selecting and managing other commercial project resources for major projects or across project portfolio’s where required
• Complex negotiations with clients to secure our contractual entitlements
• Complex negotiations with subcontractors to defend spurious or exaggerated subcontract change claims
•Establishing and actively managing the project budgets with the Project Manager
• Managing the contract risks with the Project Manager
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.