Are you ready to take the lead on mechanical engineering and design of a Stable Salt Reactor?
Our client is a Small Modular Reactor development company designing a cleaner, cheaper form of nuclear power. As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will report to the VP Engineering, and will work closely with other senior engineers and their teams.
This is a permanent full-time role to be based in Saint John, New Brunswick or Toronto, Ontario. Alternatively, you can be considered for a contract role as well.
Some travel to Saint John, NB will be required if you are based in Toronto, ON
Ideal starting date: September 2020
You will be leading and managing an in-house team of up to 10 engineers and subcontractor to deliver the mechanical engineering and design of the Stable Salt Reactor from the concept design into a working reactor.
- Develop the concept design configuration through the engineering and detailed design phase
- Ensure that all work is delivered in accordance with the Management System
- Manage the delivery of mechanical engineering and design tasks in accordance with the agreed schedule and budget, and provide regular progress reporting on progress
- Support the VP Engineering in the recruitment of the mechanical engineering team
- Participate in line management of the mechanical engineering team including objective setting, performance management, and training and development needs assessment and implementation
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and qualified professional engineer, or similar
- You will build on your experience of front end design of complex high integrity mechanical equipment and plant in a highly regulated industry
- Knowledge of the principles of nuclear reactor design
- Good understanding of the principles of solid mechanics, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics as applied to nuclear reactors
- Wide knowledge, and understanding of applicability of, engineering design codes & standards for structures, and fluid / pressure systems
- Familiarity with Generation IV nuclear reactor concepts
- Experience in the use and application of FEA and CFD software packages
- Up to $150,000, depending on experience
- 50% comprehensive medical plan included
- 20 days vacation