Our client, a global Nuclear organization based in the MENA region offers a rare opportunity to embark on a nuclear New-Build program whilst taking inspiration from best-practices from nuclear sites around the world.
Reporting directly into the Enterprise Chief Nuclear Operations Officer, you will oversee the fleet operations for the region, with a key focus on strategic oversight of plant performance and improvement.
- Lead the safe and reliable operations of the organisation’s nuclear power plants.
- Oversee independent performance assessments of nuclear operators as well as directing and planning organisational activities related to these assessments.
- Assess and identify gaps and design improvement plans to ensure the plants operate to the highest safety and operational standards.
- Review external safety oversight reports to ensure full compliance with assessments and prepare reporting for corporate management on plant performance.
- Support the ECNO in assessing the power plants across areas including safety, reliability and security.
- People management responsibility for a team of 5 including all aspects of performance appraisals, target setting and formal reviews.
- Actively support the organisations succession planning strategy and act as a conduit to the transfer of key knowledge to future leaders within the team to ensure continuity.
- Oversee Health and Safety, Security and Operational, ensuring full compliance and adherence to policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure full corporate compliance in relation to Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in nuclear organisations, ideally at multi-unit nuclear utilities (though not necessary).
- Strong leadership capability in ensuring safety and security are at the heart of plant operations.