On behalf of our international client, we are looking for an C&I Engineer to be trained into a Senior Engineering role. In the future, the goal is to be able to deliver design packages to projects and to provide engineering services to support site operations. This is a permanent role and can be based in Almelo, the Netherlands or Gronau, Germany.
The aim of the training is to grow into SENIOR ENGINEER (C&I) role, in which you will be responsible for the delivery of plant designs – meeting safety standards and license requirements. You will act on behalf of the Global Process Owner (engineering) on design and engineering matters ensuring alignment with Operational Sites.
You would also be providing engineering services (design/specialist key/core engineering) to Group/Site projects: Interfacing with different stakeholders to ensure designs meet requirements and site license conditions; Manages group design projects; Act as customer towards suppliers; Supervise the detailed design development and manufacturing of Core Technology systems; and Act as design authority and provide specialist support to Plant Design Authority (PDA).
could include all or parts of the following:
- Promoting a pro-active safety culture and performing analysis
- Reference Design for Core Facilities/Critical Systems
- Oversight/delivery of Detail Design for Core Process Technology systems and Critical System designs
- Monitor and analyse plants performance
- Provide technical subject matter expertise for local site engineering
- Review and approval of changes to plant design and safety case standards
- Establish, control, and maintain Group-wide design & engineering standards for core designs and safety case requirements applicable
- Review designs of Core Plant Technology Facilities, Systems and components
- Review changes to Plant Operations central engineering standards and any site exceptions/concessions
- Incorporate lessons learnt in design and engineering solutions (standards)
- Contributes to maintaining plants Reference Design: complying with group common safety case and engineering standards
- Ensure group engineering standards are updated
- Establish, implement and maintain group-wide configuration control standards and requirements
- Issue standard group designs, functional requirements, design requirements, safety case requirements, testing requirements, and/or performance requirements for enrichment operations core systems
- Review site implementation and test results and perform technical reviews and approvals of site design and safety case changes
- Oversight of detail design of Core Technology suppliers
- Execute the manufacturing and inspect/test plan (MITP) of Core Technology suppliers
- Manage the factory acceptance and final release; the Contract execution with suppliers; deviations and concessions
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Chemistry, Process, Mechanical, Electrical or Control & Instrumentation)
- Fluency in English
- Some experience in supplier and/or project management, and/or specialism in Nuclear Science would be beneficial
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Capability to regular travel within the EU, UK and US
- Experience in project management or specialism in Nuclear Science
- Project delivery involving Core Plant Technology in C&I
- Possibly some design project lifecycle experience or design management in C&I Engineering
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary according to experience.