Working in support of Longenecker & Associates, Thomas Thor USA is currently seeking a Senior Fellow Nuclear Safety and Criticality Engineer for Savannah River Nuclear Site. This is a position to be based in Aiken, SC.
Longenecker & Associates is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories.
The Senior Fellow Nuclear Safety and Criticality Engineer will support the Savannah River Nuclear Solution (SRNS) & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review and implementation of nuclear safety documentation for various facilities at the SRS.
- Provide technical assistance in developing and reviewing nuclear safety documents and analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation.
- Ensure that the development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements as necessary, applicable controls are implemented in field procedures.
- Conduct Criticality Safety Program assessments and maintain program manuals.
- Provide services using SRNS processes and procedures.
- Abide by programmatic guidance provided by SRNS.
We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in the United States of America
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Math or Science. Advance degree preferred.
- Minimum 20yrs recent and relevant experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DOE) or the commercial nuclear industry required.
- Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advanced degree.
- Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOE O 413.3, DOE 420.1 and related directives and standards is required.
- Must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCP or SCALE) is required.
- Must be able to work a 40 hours per week. Extended work hours and workdays are to be expected.
- Candidate must have ability to obtain and maintain a DOE « L » security clearance. An active DOE clearance is not initially required to perform assigned duties.
- Candidate who has an active « L » or « Q » clearance within the past 2 years is preferred.
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety documents is preferred.
- Proficiency in performing Criticality Safety Program assessments.