Working in support of Longenecker & Associates, Thomas Thor USA is currently seeking a Weapons Quality Lead Auditor at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). This is a position to be based in Los Alamos, New Mexico
Longenecker & Associates is a woman-owned and operated small business with 30 years of experience providing technical, management, analytical and other support to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) complex and sites, including many of the National Laboratories.
Weapons Quality Assurance Analyst/Specialist will possess the expertise to develop and implement process standards and best practices.
- Applies quality assurance concepts and principles (e.g., management principles, configuration management, project monitoring and control, etc.).
- Provide assistance to LANL customer organizations on quality assurance issues and activities and support the supply chain assurance programs (e.g. receipt inspection, suspect/counterfeit parts intervention, supplier evaluations and procurement document reviews).
- Performs detailed reviews of procurement and quality documentation.to ensure product quality from development of specifications through product receipt inspection.
- Serves as a quality subject matter expert within the lab’s procurement system.
- Receipt inspections require planning, performing, and reporting/presenting of results.
- Perform Dimensional and Visual Inspections.
- Inspections and assessments are performed in accordance with customer specified criteria and in accordance with weapons related DOE/NNSA NAP-24A requirements.
We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in the United States of America.
Education : This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with quality concepts and principles (e.g., customer focus, management principles, continuous improvement methods, quality business processes, reengineering methods, change methods, process measurements, etc.) and how these are applied.
- Advanced knowledge and experience applying quality assurance regulatory, contractual, and technical documents, i.e., DOE Order 414.1D, 10 CRF 830, Weapons Quality Policy (NAP-24A), NQA-1 and Triad contract requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with inspection principles and practices.
- Advanced experience in performing detailed reviews of quality documentation to ensure compliance with customer and defined regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and experience interpreting Drawings with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and deploying measuring techniques as applicable.
- Record of working closely with customers to define expectations and mutual responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership and engagement of people; strong interpersonal, communications and team-building skills; effective management of interpersonal conflict, negotiation of agreements, delegation of authority and building consensus.
- Strong written communication skills and experience effectively preparing, communicating and presenting quality assurance or other reports
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the LANL Quality Program requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience in weapons systems, weapons manufacturing, production, and design operations and practices.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and revising procedures and plans.
Essential Job Functions (can perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
Reading vision, ability to hear in a normal range (500 to 3000 Hz), sitting, standing, bending, twisting the trunk or back, reaching horizontally, reaching down, gripping with the hands, applying torque with hands or arms, pressing with hands or arms, pushing with hands or arms, pulling with hands or arms, typing or keyboarding, fine motor control, use of both hands, use of both arms, lifting 10-20 pounds.
Work Environment: Work near electrical power supplies, work with sources of ionizing radiation, work with weapons or explosives, work near machinery with moving parts, toxic chemicals, irritant chemicals, safety glasses or eye protection, gloves or hand protection.
Clearance: Q (Position will be cleared to this level).
Human Reliability Program enrollment may be required.