Our client are leading an electrical work package on the Hinkley Point C project.
As part of the project management team, this role shall support the leadership and direction to the delivery teams.
The role reports directly to the Project Director with principal responsibility for:
- Management of the Contract Commercial Scope – £50 million GBP + project package value
- Lead on contract commercial relationship engagement, client interactions and supply chain management and development
- Interfacing with internal stakeholders and disciplines
Reporting to the Project Director :
- Support with the leadership, strategy and management of the team
- Manage and lead the commercial functions to ensure contractual and commercial compliance for the contract
- Ensure full recovery of cost entitlements in accordance with the contract and defend employer attempts to erode fee and disallow costs
- Drive the change and claim processes across the project
- Provide checks and balances to the cost and change data from the Project Controls functions
- Deliver subcontract management across the full supply chain of the contract
- Identify, promote and exploit added value in the contract and supply chains
A client facing professional with demonstrable experience in contract administration, contract change and claim management on defined cost, reimbursable contracts in commercially aggressive environments. Experience in processing high value and complex changes from the identification of change to the implementation of time and cost adjustments to the contract.
- Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make decisions on topics of significant financial value
- Significant NEC3 contract management experience
- Up to date understanding of UK Law and its impact upon the contract
- Claims, Cost, Risk and Change Management
- Energy/construction industry and supply chains
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Conflict and issue resolution
- Degree qualified
- Membership of a professional body (i.e. RICS)- Experience of the HPC project, client processes and organisation
- Experience in multi-cultural engineering projects
- French language skill / notions
- Nuclear experience
- Ready to take on new challenges, you are rigorous, precise and autonomous with a strong technical knowledge, pragmatic problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Languages : Fluent in English.
Location and travel: The post is based in Bristol, remote can be considered. Frequent short trips to France and the client locations, among others are to be expected as part of the project (subject to COVID and BREXIT).