For a well known client operating in the United Arab Emirates, we are currently looking for an Infrastructure Specialist – Senior Network and Security Engineer.
Support day to day network operations, manage and monitor the network infrastructure to ensure highest level of network availability and performance.
- To install, configure, maintain, support, and secure systems within Data Centre and local/wide area networks, includinghardware and software resources to deliver highly available network SLA’s
- Identifies, analyses, and drives problems to resolution, handling small to intermediate issues simultaneously whileeffectively communicating and engaging higher technical peers
- Assists in testing, adjusting, and installing equipment to meet business need
- Executes troubleshooting methodology and root-cause analysis to resolve incidents and service requests.
- Coordinates problem resolution, and creates problem recordNetwork Monitoring and Event Management
- Adheres to the agreed event management notification and escalation procedures.
- Participates in executing systems maintenance plans to proactively manage reliability and service expectations.
- Manage and monitor the network to ensure highest level of network availability andperformance
Network Documentation and Reporting
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide network users, and to assist with the on-going operation,maintenance, and development of the network
- Establishes and enforces guidelines related to network use (for example disk space, network access, and appropriatesoftware applications).
- Assists peers and utilizes software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose problems and factors affecting networkperformance
- Defines procedures for system and component installation, acceptance testing and install proactive maintenance activities
- Prepare regular reports related to Network equipment’s performance (availability, IP traffic statistics) and Reporting to uppermanagement network outages and emergency situations.
Network Enhancement and Maintenance
- Configures, develops, integrates, implements and regularly maintains network solutions.
- Supports implementation/deployment of network enhancements or new network designs
- Performs periodic reviews of Configuration Items (CIs) to ensure compliance with policies and standards, and processthorough operational readiness tasks.
- Providing a stable, fast, and reliable network infrastructure and Ensuring safety of company data and protect confidentialdata
- Administering and configuring the network devices and firewalls based on Best practices. Ensuring highest level of securityfor the configuration applied.
- Define all network risks, single point of failure, and security risk that affect the business and provide best practice plans toovercome all these risks.
- BSc and Above in Network Engineering or Information Technology
- Preferred Sector: Oil and Gas / Government sector
- Experience in SDN and Network Virtualization Technologies like VMware NSX, Cisco ACI, Cisco SD-WAN, and Cisco SD-ACCESS
- Experience in Network Routing & Switching Technologies including OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, STP, HSRP, VRRP, NAT, NTP, SNMP, and IP SLA
- Experience in Network Security Technologies including ACL, TACACS, AAA, Port Security, DHCP Snooping, DAI, VPN Technologies, SSL VPN, DMVPN, and Cisco ISE
- Experience in Data Center Technologies including VPC, OTV, IOS XR, IOS XE, NX-OS, VXLAN, and LISP
- Experience and Technical Skills in Palo Alto Technologies and Products including NGFW, Virtual PAVM, and Panorama Platform
- Experience and Technical Skills in F5 Technologies and Products including LTM, ASM, GSLB, and DNS Security
- Experience and Technical Skills in Cisco Technologies and products including and not limited to
- Cisco Routers and Switches like Nexus 7K / 9K and Cat 9K
- Cisco ISE – Identity Based Services
- Cisco Wireless Controllers and Access Points
- Cisco Core Equipment’s
- Cisco APIC Controllers
- Cisco DNA Controllers
- Cisco Firewalls
- Experience and technical skills in Security Technologies and Solutions including
- Email Security
- Internet Security and Proxy Services
- Network visibility and Tapping
- Network Monitoring
- Experience and Technical Skills in Voice and Video technologies including
- Cisco Call Manager, and IM Presence
- Cisco end points
- Microsoft teams and CVI integration
- Strong knowledge in ITIL framework, with solid experience in change management, and incident Management processes