Are you ready to take the lead on process engineering and design for one-of-a-kind Stable Salt Reactor?
My client Moltex Energy is in need of a Lead Process Engineer. In this role, you will report of VP of Engineering and will work closely with other senior engineers and their teams. You will also work closely with Project Director and Project Managers.
This is a permanent full-time role to be based in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Ideal starting date: October 2020
You will lead the chemical/process engineering and design for the Moltex’s Waste To Stable Salt (WATSS) fuel process and Stable Salt Reactor development.
In this role, you will also be involved in the development of the chemical separation process and the integration of the systems and components of the nuclear fuel conversion facility, as well as supporting the reactor design team.
- Develop the chemical processes to achieve the WATSS concept at an industrial scale based on fundamental and applied research
- Support the reactor Project Director with chemical engineering expertise as required.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the system or component designs that are delivered by suppliers.
- Perform hazard analysis to identify internal and external hazards of the facility.
- Lead a team of engineers and scientists to complete the chemical/process design.
- Support the VP Engineering in the recruitment of other engineers and scientists.
- Develop and agree schedules and budgets for all engineering and design tasks.
- Manage the delivery of chemical/process engineering and design tasks in accordance with the agreed schedule and budget, and provide regular progress reporting on progress.
- Technical assessment and management of engineering service companies, manufacturers and research teams.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, qualified professional engineer or similar
- 10 years plus experience in chemical engineering or process engineering
- Knowledge of radiochemistry or pyrochemistry
- Experience in applying industrial standards and codes
- Up to $130,000, depending on experience