For one of our clients in Belgium, we are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to support nuclear projects in Belgium. This would be an initial 1-year contract with the possibility to extend, to be based in Brussels.
• Expertise in mechanical equipment, particularly for valves, pumps and valve actuators.
• Sizing studies for valve actuators.
• Purchase of mechanical equipment (valves, valve actuators, pumps, compressors, handling equipment)
– Technical expertise and definition of the needs;
– Preparation of the documents – technical requisition file, commercial documents, for call for tenders;
– Technical review and analysis of the supplier’s bids;
– Support in the commercial negotiations with the suppliers;
– Follow-up of the contract from the kick-off meeting until the final acceptance on site.
• Qualification of equipment by study or by test campaigns.
• Detailed design of mechanical equipment.
• Manufacturing follow-up of equipment in close cooperation with the quality surveillance section and with the customer.
• Assisting the project manager and the customer in meetings and technical discussions with the safety authorities.
• Mechanical / Electromechanical engineer with experience in the engineering sector;
• Working knowledge of Dutch and English (French knowledge is an asset);
• Interest in design, manufacturing, and site operation activities;
• Ability to draft reports, synthesis, calculation notes, and technical requisition file documents;
• Knowledge in mechanical technology, materials, manufacturing, maintenance, and obsolescence issues is an asset;
• Knowledge of 3D CAD programs is an asset;
• Methodical, accurate, organized, solution-minded with team-player skills;
• Good computer skills (excel, access, etc.);
• Ready to work abroad for short or long missions.
Anelia Koleva est spécialisée dans les marchés nucléaires européens. Très expérimentée et avec une vaste connaissance des besoins de tout le cycle de vie d'une centrale nucléaire, Anelia sait où trouver les candidats - cadres seniors, exécutifs, en missions permanentes ou freelance - qui viendront enrichir l'activité de ses clients.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.