For a well known automation solutions provider operating in Canada, we are currently looking for a Quality Engineer. This is a contract position to be based in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible to develop, evaluate, revise, and apply technical Quality Assurance protocols/methods to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and our Client’s requirements.
He/She will perform analysis and identify trends in the inspection of finished products, in-process and purchased items, and takes corrective actions when necessary. He/She will ensure that the established manufacturing inspection, sampling and process control procedures are strictly followed.
- Strictly follow CSA N285/NQA Quality requirements as defined within the manual and procedures.
- Deploy and maintain the Nuclear Quality Assurance Systems for applicable suppliers, manufacturing and all project-related activities.
- Complete/update Manufacturing Inspection and Test Plan’s (MITP) and ensure process steps are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the project complies to internal and regulatory requirements.
- Complete documentation reviews of various project documents, Nonconformance Reports (NCRs), work travelers, supplier records,etc through all phases of the job process
- Create and administer project Quality Assurance plans and history files consistent with contract requirements
- Act as the customer advocate during the product development and production phases of life cycle.
- Facilitate Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) in conjunction with Engineering.
- Perform product investigations and facilitate RCCA activities.Support Applications in projecting quoting as required.
- Participate in Pre FATs to ensure customer requirements have been achieved.
- Ensure the Project is ready for Pre-FAT and advises the team on status
- Manage CWB certification and compliance as required by applicable divisions
- Develop, recommend and facilitate implementation changes to workflow
- Improve quality interface and manage quality-related communications with regulators, oversight agencies, manufacturing/project managers and customers
- Ensure quality requirements are defined, understood and complaint to requirements
- Advise the Project Manager & Director, Mission Assurance & Compliance, Quality Supervisor relative to quality assurance requirements, project performance and any quality issues
- Review and approve Supplier Deviations
- Establish and implement the quality assurance and improvement strategies for the project
- Interface directly with the customer Quality Assurance management and other relevant personnel
- Assess and report to management on overall project performance and quality of deliverables.
- Analyze statistical data used to monitor quality performance to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Conduct process capability and gauge repeatability and reliability studies on equipment internally or at the supplier’s facility.
- Collect and report key indicators of Supplier Performance creating actions to improve when necessary.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Client’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Local and international travel will be required.
- We are recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in Canada
- A post-secondary technology diploma or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience is required
- Nuclear Auditor training and qualification
- At least 5 years of quality assurance engineering experience in a manufacturing and/or fabrication environment, in nuclear environment or other highly regulatory industry
- Experience with the Nuclear requirements relating to Quality and Inspection plans
- Strong working knowledge and experience working with ISO 9001, Z299.2, 10CFR50, 10CFR21, N285, N286, B51 and ASME Section III guidelines.
- Commercial Grade Dedication background and experience.
- Strong data analysis skills & ability to use Minitab or other statistical software
- Capable of being certified to Jaeger-1 Test Chart and Bausch and Lomb Vision test (including color and far- and near-distance test)
- ASQ CQE certification is an asset
- Ability to operate and program a CMM is also an asset
According to experience