Do you want to play a significant role in managing construction projects, leading construction management and site inspections?
Our client, a Civil Engineering Consulting firm, is currently looking for a Senior Civil Engineer. This is a permanent position based in the Greater Toronto Area.
As the Senior Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for inspecting and project management for various commercial, industrial, and residential site plans and subdivisions. In addition, you will liaise and build upon your strong communication skills interfacing with various other Professionals, Municipalities, and Contractors.
- Various site servicing inspections during the servicing of commercial, industrial, and residential site plans and subdivisions ensuring works are completed as per approved drawings and applicable standards, codes, and regulations.
- Lot Grading Inspections for conformance with approved site plans.
- Preparation of Tender documents and Cost Estimates and administration of construction contracts as required.
- Coordination with utilities, review agencies, clients, contractors, and others in a professional manner.
- An opportunity to draft and modify Drawings in AutoCAD.
- Ensure adherence to established policies and procedures within a COR certified environment and the duties specified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- Registered as Professional Engineer with PEO preferred.
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience within the Site Servicing/Underground Infrastructure Sector.
- Knowledge of applicable Ontario Provincial Standards and Building Codes.
- Strong work ethic and ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with other team members, Engineers, Clients, and other professionals.
- Valid Driver’s License & use of vehicle is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- CAN-CISEC Certification an asset.
- Strong Computer Skills – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Strong Technical/report writing an asset.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, we can only consider applicants who are eligible to work in Canada and who are already located in the country.