For a well known client operating in the United States, we are searching for a Senior Fellow – Nuclear Engineer – Criticality Safety . This role is offered as a long-term contract position to be based in the Southeastern United States.
Support the Nuclear & Criticality Safety Engineering organization in the development, review, and implementation of criticality safety documentation for various facilities at the project site. Provide technical assistance in developing criticality safety documents and analyses, criticality safety controls, and related technical support documentation. Ensure that the development of criticality safety documentation complies with requirements and as necessary, and applicable controls are implemented in field procedures. Conduct Criticality Safety Program assessments and maintain program manuals. Services shall be provided using client processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by client.
- Develop, review and implement Criticality Safety Documentation for various facilities at the project site
- Provide technical assistance in developing Criticality Safety Documents, Criticality Safety Controls, and related technical support documentation
- Ensure that the development of Criticality Safety Documentation complies with requirements as necessary, and that applicable controls are implemented in field procedures
- Conduct Criticality Safety Program assessments and maintain program manuals
- Minimum of 20 years of recent experience in the nuclear/criticality safety industry through support of the Department of Energy (DoE) or the commercial nuclear industry
- Previous experience with the use and implementation of 10 CFR 830, DOD Order 420.1C, and related directives/standards is required
- Candidate must demonstrate personal accountability for facility/project schedules, deadlines, budgets, and the safe performance of work; and proficiency in performing Criticality Safety Program assessments
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a criticality safety code (MCNP or SCALE) is required
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” security clearance
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Math, or Science (Preferred)
- Alternate combination of education and experience will be considered where candidate has an advance degree
- Previous experience in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SRS criticality safety documents is preferred