Thomas Thor Associates are proud to be working exclusivley with a global leader in nuclear technology, supporting a major HPC work pacakge.
Location: Hinkley Point C Construction Site
In the framework of the HPC Project, the Site team is looking for an experienced Site Project Supplier Manager to handle Site Request For Quotation, Purchase Order (PO) placement and PO follow-up of non-production activities.
The Project Supplier Manager is working on behalf of the Site Project Manager and reports to the Site Project Procurement Manager. He / She is in charge of the purchasing, order management & expediting activities and specifically of the following:
- Establish and write the Site Purchasing process in accordance with Supply chain processes,
- Manage the RFQ/RFI process up to the Site PO placement and by strictly following the Supply chain process: sourcing of Suppliers, bidder list, short list, negotiations …
- Drive operationally the Purchase Orders placed to the Subcontractors by:
Securing and reporting on Cost analysis, Quality and Schedule
Being the main entry point toward the Subcontractor and making monthly (physical) progress meeting. (specially at Subcontractor’s facility).
Doing transverse management with all the internal stakeholders (engineering / Schedule / Quality / Inspection / Risks / Finance), especially regarding documentation issuance adherence,
Managing Risks through the relevant risk register,
Managing the Schedule and preventing any slippages,
In collaboration with the Project Manager: organize workshops with relevant Parties (Internal, Client, Supplier) to speed up the Review of documents regarding critical topics (if necessary),
Alert if any weak signals on Subcontracts or at Suppliers’ facilities. Implement preventive or corrective actions with Project team
Analyse critical situation and suggest action plan to mitigate costs and delays
- Manage contractually the Purchase Orders (Contractual obligations of the Subcontractor, negotiate Variations and Change orders write contractual letters (reviewed by Contract Management when necessary), prepare and negotiate claims/counterclaims, recover and follow administrative documentation: Export control, REACH, Insurances certificates etc), follow up of invoicing etc..)
Commodities: Equipped warehouses / Compound / Site offices / Safety Equipment / Tooling / Handling-Lifting
- Professional Experience:
- Experience within procurement in the role/job function of purchasing or supplier relationship management;
- Experience in the field of industry, construction or energy is desirable.
- Site experience
- degree or equivalent in procurement, business administration, commerce, law or other relevant discipline;
- Language requirements:
- English: mother tongue
- French is a plus
- Technical Capabilities:
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a Supply Chain process/strategy from start to finish on a construction site;
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to identify negotiation strategies;
- Management of sourcing process and contracts’ development;
- Strong communication skills to collaborate and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Behavioral Capabilities:
- Collaborate: Ability to dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders;
- Communicate Effectively: Ability to adjust communication content and style to deliver messages to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment;
- Drive results: Ability to succeed in the face of challenges to meet deadlines with high standards;
- Manage Complexity: Ability to gather multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to proposals;
- Instill trust: Ability to model high standards of team mindset, trust, excellence, loyalty and integrity.