Design Engineer Radioactive Waste Management
Contract position in Brussels
THE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The “Radioactivity Management” Competence Centre, which is part of the D&D Department, is responsible for all Engineering aspects in the field of:
* Radiation Protection;
* Radiation Monitoring;
* Radiological Characterisation;
* Radioactive Waste Management (both waste from operational and from dismantling activities);
* Decommissioning Concepts (Dismantling Tools & Techniques, Conceptual Design Studies…).
- Conducting Engineering studies related to the “treatment and conditioning systems” of solid radioactive waste and liquid and gaseous effluents.
- Establishing equipment lay-outs in collaboration with designers and draftsmen.
- Using computer codes developed for evaluating decommissioning costs.
- Developing sensitivity studies with those computer codes, especially regarding radioactive waste management techniques and strategies implemented and their impact on the decommissioning planning and costs.
- Writing technical specifications and follow-up contractors during the site commissioning phase.
- Maintaining the knowledge, required expertise and methodologies required to accomplish the missions.
- Delivering “quality on time”: in order to achieve this objective, the Engineer will get all support required in terms of technical training, coaching and availability of (IT) resources.
- Verifying work performed by team people.
- Correctly applying the Integrated Management System (IMS) procedures.
- Providing regular feedback concerning ongoing activities to the team lead and hierarchy, while working autonomously towards the goals defined.
- Identifying and implementing possible synergies with other teams and/or Competence Centres.
- Contributing to the preparation of technical bids at an international level.
- Providing (internal) presentations and trainings.
- Participating actively to regular meetings with the project people during which workload, technical issues, project follow-up, development strategy and transversal activity coordination are discussed.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.