Contract Position in Brussels
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
- Quality control and quality monitoring of the fabrication activities performed by the Contractor and exceptionally his sub-vendors.
- Oversight of fabrication progress.
- Witnessing of predefined quality control checks identified by the company on the Contractors inspection and test plan.
- Signing of the inspection and test plan for the operations witnessed.
- Review of fabrication reports issued by the Contractor according to the manufacturing progress.
- Reporting on quality and progress on a weekly basis to our project management team and quality control leader.
- Reporting important quality and progress deviations immediately to the project management teams and quality control leader.
- Working in collaboration with the Contractor in an open and constructive dialogue.
- Autonomous in quality control of mechanical equipment for the nuclear sector.
- Experience in the domain of quality control in pressure vessels or equivalent mechanical components is required.
- Familiar with industrial processes involved in manufacturing of heavy steel vessels such as but not limited to welding (including cladding), shrink fitting, heat treatment, painting, …
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination techniques is required: ultrasonic testing, radiographic testing, liquid penetrant testing. A certification would be an asset but is not required.
- Knowledge of pressure testing and leak tightness testing is required.
- Experienced in working in an industrial environment with tight deadlines and high quality requirements.
- Domestic travel can be required in function of the needs to perform inspections at our Contractor sub-vendor locations.
- Working in a shift regime will be required as well as weekend work.
* Mechanical Engineer or equivalent by experience in quality control of mechanical equipment;
* English speaking;
* Able to work with limited supervision according to predefined methodologies;
* A strong interest in manufacturing processes of mechanical equipment for nuclear power plants;
* Ability to draft concise reports containing factual conclusions;
* Reliable and motivated to meet deadlines;
* Flexible towards working in shift regime and weekend work
* Pragmatic and diplomatic with corresponding communication skills
* Resistant to stress.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.