Safety Engineer – Nuclear
Contract Position in Brussels
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
* Assure the proper consideration of nuclear licensing and safety aspects in studies/projects; establish safety requirements, analyse and ensure compliance with safety requirements, organise safety reviews, contacts with Safety Authorities.
* Assistance to the client’s nuclear licensing process, including the establishment of associated documents such as PSAR and FSAR (preliminary and final safety assessment report).
* Safety analysis and assessment, e.g.: classification & qualification requirements with respect to safety functions and items important to safety, radiological consequences studies, internal and external hazards studies including definition of the load case, determination of PIE’s (postulated initiating events) and DBA’s (design basis accidents), statistical setpoint studies of sensor threshold level. (1 junior + 1 medior)
* Master degree in Engineering. A degree in Nuclear Science constitutes a further asset.
* “Generalist”, having knowledge of all technical disciplines enabling the consultant to discuss on safety aspects related to these disciplines.
* Good knowledge of Dutch or French, and English.
* With critical and inquiring mind, dynamic, rigorous and pragmatic.
* Able to write position papers and synthesis reports, able to write clear safety positions and argumentation.
* Good listener and communicator, capacity to develop personal contacts; good facilitating skills, diplomatic.
* With the capacity to assume responsibilities to take initiatives.
* Able to work autonomously.
* Willing to travel internationally for short missions.
For the medior profile:
* 5 to 10 year experience in nuclear, general nuclear safety approach, general nuclear licensing.
* Knowledge of French or Belgian licensing process constitutes a further asset.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.