Mechanical / Material Engineer
Contract Position in Brussels
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
As member of the group “Equipment and materials management”, involved in activities related to ageing management within the project for life extension of Doel 3 and Tihange 4 Nuclear Reactors:
- Searching in documentation, databases and on site the technical data relative to mechanical equipment (valves, servomotors, pumps, piping, tank compressor, handling equipment,…) and systems:
- their functionality,
- their operation history,
- their inspection and maintenance program,
- and their environmental conditions
- Compiling and analysing these data, in order to perform a screening and identifying applicable ageing issues, following a prescribed methodology.
- Writing a report summarising the result of the analysis, and with recommendations for long term operation of the equipment.
- Engineer (mechanical, electro-mechanical, physics, chemistry) with some experience in pressure equipment (valves, pumps,…) and material science;
- Working knowledge of French or Dutch (+ basic knowledge of the other language), and English;
- Methodical, accurate, rigorous;
- Can work with limited supervision, following procedures; reliable;
- Ability to draft reports, synthesis, and technical specifications;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical technology, materials, degradations, and maintenance principles; interested in learning new methodologies;
- Ready to work on the site of Doel or Tihange Nuclear Power Plant
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.