Contract Opportunity at HPC
Sector: Nuclear New Build
The first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, create thousands of jobs and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project’s construction value is predicted to go to UK companies.
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, Hinkley Point C will make a major contribution to the UK’s move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or 600 million tonnes over its 60-year lifespan.
As a Welding Superintendent, you will support the Construction Technical Support Team in the Joint Design Office and Civils Programme planning and delivering welding activities on the HPC project. Additionally, as a Welding Superintendent you will;
- Ensure that all welding and welding associated activities are planned and resourced appropriately.
- Ensure that welders have been adequately trained and are aware of all site and UK specific regulations.
- Ensure essential safety requirements are controlled.
- Compile statistics for welding related activities.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in welding activities on large projects leading teams of people
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems and experience of the application of ISO 9001 standard in a construction, engineering, or industrial context
- Ability to write informative, concise and meaningful reports
Click the apply button now to send over your CV, we will call you to discuss the role in more detail. Even if your CV is not up to date then please send the most recent version, and we can discuss your recent experience on the phone.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Lisa is a Search and Process consultant, based in Finland, specialized in the UK nuclear market. Experience in successfully placing engineering, technical and administrative personnel on both permanent and contract assignments across different countries.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.