Fire Safety Engineer
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
Fire Safety Alert !
You are passionate about safety and have fire for nuclear ? You are wiling to work in the beautiful city of Brussels?
This job is for you !
We are looking for a Fire Safety Engineer to join our client’s team based in Brussels to operate on LTO and Decommissioning projects.
Your responsibilities :
- You will lead audits and make diagnostic for explosion, fire and internal flooding protection installations.
- You will be part and lead studies of feasibility, design and modification studies of fire, explosion and internal flooding protection installations.
You will be in charge of calculation & simulation studies for the topics above but also :
- Performing risk analysis following given methods
- Giving recommendations according the project and client’s objectives/restriction
- Performing risk analysis defining scenario and identifying assumptions, choice of correct model.
- You will collect and implement data into the model, perform calculations, analysis of results, drafting synthesis.
- Make sure there is consistency between required and existing protection/detection resources.
- Include requirements from other competence centres, project safety referential, plant safety report, insurer, codes, norms, standards and regulations.
- Check study compliance with on-site situation, feedbacks and draft reports accordingly.
- Determine and recommend suitable on site adaptations (protection/detection solutions.
- Ensure that budget, planning and studies scope are compliant with the project and Client requirements.
You will giving support to a Junior Fire Safety Engineer to equipment and services procurement, such as :
- Writing technical specification, bid preparation, Launch tenders and review of the supplier’s bids.
- Contract management
- Action review and feedback
Qualification & Experience :
- You have a Civil Engineer degree or Engineering School degree (a Master in Fire engineering would be a great asset).
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience in Fire engineering.
- You are are willing to share your experience with younger generation and coach people
- You are native in French AND/OR Dutch
- The language of Shakespeare has no secret for you
You feel this job is meant to be yours ? Feel free to apply with your updated resume and with a quick summary of why you would fit best for the role!
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.