Senior Finance Project Controller – Offshore Wind
Contractor or Permanent Role in Berlin
Sector: Offshore wind
About Our Client: Our client is a prominent global organisation in the energy and power industry, renowned for delivering complex projects and services. With a focus on excellence and innovation, our client is committed to driving sustainable solutions. They are currently seeking a highly experienced Senior Finance Project Controller to join their dynamic team to deliver over $2bn of offshore renewable energy infrastructure.
About the Role: As the Senior Finance Project Controller, you will be responsible for overseeing all reporting and controlling requirements of projects within the portfolio. Your key responsibilities include:
Cash Flow and Revenue/Margin Management & Controlling:
- Take accountability for all financial aspects of the portfolio, focusing cost management (CM), and cash flow.
- Ensure accurate and consistent financial information, approved and reconciled within the ERP systems and related tools.
- Consolidate and understand the financial movements of the project, considering each partner’s contributions.
- Collaborate with the Project Director to define billing and trading plans for the portfolio, ensuring consistent revenue recognition and cash flow.
- Drive milestones achievement and coordinate with consortium partners to facilitate timely invoicing.
- Manage bonding across the portfolio, including issuance, reduction, recovery, and cancellation, optimising the use of credit lines.
- Develop and implement hedging strategies to mitigate foreign exchange (FX) exposure throughout the project life-cycle.
- Monitor and control actual and committed costs, requesting corrections when necessary.
- Forecast and manage cash movements monthly, engaging customers and consortium partners to ensure timely collections.
Process Management & Functional Coordination:
- Ensure timely and accurate booking from order entry to project completion.
- Align project data reporting between the ERP and approved Project Reviews, adhering to budget deviation approvals.
- Perform Forex revaluation and cooperate with Treasury regarding currency exposure management.
- Establish strong relationships and maintain continuous communication with project controllers.
- Oversee Project Reviews, ensuring proper preparation with relevant documents, such as consolidated EAS sheets, cash curves, forex revaluation, trading and billing plans.
- Present financial data, analysis, and scenario simulations to senior management.
- Generate all required financial portfolio reporting.
- Lead and provide guidance to Finance Project Controllers working on the portfolio, offering mentoring, ad hoc support, and workload management.
About the Person: To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, CPA, or equivalent.
- Strong accounting background and operational experience in complex EPC projects or the service industry.
- Professional proficiency in English (both spoken and written)
- Experience using SAP (PS and SD)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate complex matrix environments.
If you are a seasoned finance professional with expertise in managing complex projects and a drive for excellence, this is an outstanding opportunity to join our client’s esteemed organisation and contribute to their continued success.
How to Apply: To apply for the position of Senior Finance Project Controller, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications. We appreciate all applicant’s interest, but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. Please advise us if there is anythign we can do to make this role or process more accessible.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With more than 11 years’ experience delivering specialist recruitment and Executive Search projects in niche and highly regulated sectors globally, Jamie is responsible for leading our activity supporting Renewable Energy and De-Carbonisation projects across the UK and Europe.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.