Design Engineer – Fluid Systems
Sector: Nuclear Commissioning
Are you looking for a design engineer position in Brussels? Are you interested in a new challenge in the nuclear sector?
The Systems group, which is part of the “Metier Nuclear Safety & Engineering” Competence Centre, is in charge of the following consultancy and engineering services activities relating to PWR reactors and fluid systems:
- Conceptual and Functional design.
- Functional and technical specifications.
- Feasibility and modification studies.
- Functional and safety analyses.
- Performance analysis.
- Thermal-hydraulic calculations.
- Operations & Maintenance support.
- Input to commercial bidding for engineering services.
- Perform systems functional analyses and fluid system calculations, define test programs, and take part to completion of test programs on the field.
- Participate in the design of systems within the “Nuclear Island” of PWRs, BWRs and/or SMRs, using the necessary tools and methods.
- The deliverables will consist of technical notes, test procedures, reports, equipment functional specifications and other documents to be prepared and issued according to nuclear regulatory and quality standards.
- Be in contact with clients to listen to and understand their needs, to prepare scope of works and to present the results of your analyses.
- Civil or industrial engineer with a strong will to develop your technical expertise.
- Fluent in English and French and/or Dutch.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the aforementioned areas of expertise (PWR design).
- Knowledge of thermo-hydraulics/fluid mechanics and heat transfer phenomena.
- Knowledge of the operation of a PWR nuclear power plant and its principal fluid systems.
- Knowledge about fluid system design.
- Prior experience with IT tools such as Flo-Master for calculation of fluid dynamics is an advantage.
Pasqualina Di Caprio
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Pasqualina Di CaprioLinkedin
I am Pasqualina, Search and Process consultant for Europe with a background in cultural mediation, sales and recruitment. Helping people take their next steps in their career is what makes me happy and I am proud to contribute to Thomas Thors mission to create a better world!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.