Sector: Nuclear New Build
Are you a Quality Auditor looking for your next project? Thomas Thor has a long-term contract opportunity available based in Bridgwater.
This is an exciting opportunity to work towards Hinkley Point C, the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years; Hinkley Point C in Somerset will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, create thousands of jobs and bring lasting benefits to the UK economy.
Construction and operation of Hinkley Point C will create 25,000 employment opportunities, up to 1,000 apprenticeships and 64% of the project’s construction value is predicted to go to UK companies.
Marking a significant milestone in the revitalisation of our nuclear power industry, Hinkley Point C will make a major contribution to the UK’s move to reduce carbon emissions. The electricity generated by its two EPR reactors will offset 9 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year, or 600 million tonnes over its 60-year lifespan.
As a Quality Auditor, you will support the Pre-Operations Assurance team to ensure suitable support, guidance, oversight, and assurance of Pre-Operations activities from construction phase of the HPC project through to commercial operation.
- Supports the planning and operation of audits and assurance activities.
- Supports the completion of reviews on the implementation of lessons learnt from audits / inspections / surveillances / interventions.
- Organise information from audits and assurance activities to assist with the production of reports to the Pre-Operations Director.
- Challenges the Pre-Operations programmes, departments, and process owners to ensure standards are consistently met.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a Quality management role working on large projects in a highly regulated industry.
- HNC qualified or equivalent
- Experienced in supporting the implementation and assurance of Management Systems certified to ISO:9001
- Strong decision making and communication skills.
IR35 Determination: Inside
Click the apply button now to send over your CV, we will call you to discuss the role in more detail. Even if your CV is not up to date then please send the most recent version, and we can discuss your recent experience on the phone.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Lisa is a Search and Process consultant, based in Finland, specialized in the UK nuclear market. Experience in successfully placing engineering, technical and administrative personnel on both permanent and contract assignments across different countries.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.