Project Manager – Doel
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
We are currently looking for a Project Manager Nuclear at the Doel nuclear power plant. The main workplace is located at the Doel site, with occasional travel to our headquarters in Brussels and the option for 1 or 2 days of remote work per week if desired.
The Project Manager Nuclear oversees and monitors the design and/or execution of nuclear projects. They establish and consolidate design and investment budgets for the project. They determine the overall timeline, review services provided for the project, and monitor progress in terms of meeting delivery deadlines and expected profitability.
- After consulting with our experts, define tasks and authorize the project team (which they functionally manage) to carry them out.
- Organize meetings with the client and support the client as a partner in delivering our added value to the project.
- Handle internal communication with Métiers (Technical Competence Centers) and support departments (legal, finance, IT, risk management, communication, etc.).
- Coordinate actions at the intersections of disciplines and ensure proper integration of various specialties within the project.
- Manage technical and commercial interactions with potential clients and partners and devise commercial strategies as needed.
- For projects where designated as a ‘Project Engineer,’ support the Project Manager or Project Director in accomplishing all the tasks.
Within the Business Area Global Nuclear, the Project Manager becomes part of the department responsible for our client’s projects. This department is accountable for all projects related to studies and modifications of existing Belgian nuclear power plants (Doel and Tihange), including decommissioning projects and Long Term Operation (LTO) projects. These projects encompass pre-feasibility studies through the final commissioning of installations, involving feasibility assessments, design, procurement, and on-site implementation activities.
Within this department, the Project Manager is responsible for the projects assigned to them (studies and/or modifications), each relating to Belgian nuclear power plants. They report to the Group Manager Projects.
- Master’s degree in engineering.
- Dutch fluency and English. French basic skills are an asset.
- Knowledge of Belgian nuclear power plants is a strong asset.
- Understanding of the operational principles of a nuclear power plant and its associated safety systems.
- 5 to 15 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years as a project manager or assistant project manager, with knowledge of Engineering processes (sequential phases, contractual approaches…).
- BA4, VCA, and Habilitation for access to nuclear sites are required.
- Able to work independently and prioritize safety.
- Dynamic, flexible, resilient, and rigorous.
Pasqualina Di Caprio
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Pasqualina Di CaprioLinkedin
I am Pasqualina, Search and Process consultant for Europe with a background in cultural mediation, sales and recruitment. Helping people take their next steps in their career is what makes me happy and I am proud to contribute to Thomas Thors mission to create a better world!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.