Nuclear Engineer Radiation Protection
Contract position - Brussel
Sector: Nuclear Operation, Maintenance & LTO
Radiation Protection Engineer
We are looking for someone to operate in Brussels as a Radiation Protection Engineer!
YOUR MISSION :
- Radiation Shielding calculations and ALARA follow-up of nuclear installations, with computer codes such as Microshield, MCNP and RayXpert;
- Co-development (with senior experts) of waste characterization methodologies and contribution to the subsequent measurement campaigns;
- Writing technical specifications, technical follow-up of contracts and commissioning of Radiation Monitoring systems.
- Verify the technical work performed by peers;
- Provide regular feedback about ongoing activities;
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing with others;
- Working in close relationship with the final Client and interact with Safety Authorities and Radioactive Waste Management Agencies.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You have an engineering background with and radiation protection has no secret for you
- You speak either french or dutch as a mother tongue and a fluency in English
- You master the working principle of a nuclear power plant (type PWR)
- Having a knowledge of the Belgian Nuclear Ecosystem is a strong asset as well as knowledge in Radiological Characterization
If you are interested in the job, please, feel free to apply with your updated resume!
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruiter with a business development background, Anouchka puts human values and professionalism at the centre of her daily life at Thomas Thor. A native French speaker, fluent in English and a pinch of Russian, she will always be glad to advise you on your recruitment needs and with your career path.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.