The Contract Administrator provides is focused on commercially supporting the enterprise-wide Capital Works Programs and delivering results. They should have previous experience with procuring products and services, life cycle process of contracting activities including the development and execution of procurement and contract strategies, contract administration, commercial reporting, change and claims management (including evaluation and approval) and contract Final Account Agreements. Assists in developing methodologies and performing detailed analyses of market trends to identify over or under capacity within the global supply base.
- Education: Relevant University
- Relevant Professional Qualifications desirable
- Leadership skills: experience leading a team of up to 3 people
- Relevant experience: at least 5 to 10 years experience in Supply Chain or Commercial Management or Contract Management and 2+ years working in Canada desirable
- Industry experience: Nuclear, Construction, Oil and Gas, Industrial, Major Infrastructure or similar sector
- Experience with $50M+ contracts and $100M+ projects/programs
- Technology skills: excellent computer skills
- Superb communication (verbal, presentation, negotiation) and report-writing skills
- Ability to manage challenges at an enterprise level
- Ability to deliver results under pressing time lines
- Assists seniors in the operation and supervision of contract formation and administration.
- Supports analysis, evaluate and form recommendations of contract changes including claims, both time and cost related.
- Supports in all commercial reporting activities
- Provide advice regarding contract requirements to the Project Management team.
- Supports in the analysis and evolution of interim payments and invoices
- Facilitates teams comprised of staff pertinent to the procurement category/service to perform the tasks necessary to establish a master agreement with one or more suppliers / vendors.
- Assists in the development and execution of Contract Services strategies with strategic suppliers.
- Supports in development of bespoke contract terms, conditions, and strategies.
- Assembles, negotiates, and administers long-term and/or strategic agreements for services and assists in negotiating complex contracts.
- Creates and manages real-time processes and metrics for continuous improvement related to Supply Chain strategy affected by changing trends and patterns.
- Utilizes computerized programs Maximo, and SAP (Ariba) or other Commercial Contract Lifecycle Management Software, Power BI, Microsoft Power Apps tools as related to customised tools (i.e., Project Management Information Systems PMIS) and related modules for contract execution and management.
- Assists in developing methodologies and performs detailed analyses of market trends to identify over or under capacity within the global supply base to effectively manage supply strategies
- This includes sourcing, supplier integration, performance, and new technologies that drive innovation.
- Assists in management of risk and opportunity registers to drive better delivery and certainty of projects.
- Assists in developing methodologies and analyse Supply Chain to segment Suppliers into appropriate strategic quadrants that impact the business.
- Identifies innovative links to and/or impacts to the business and structure value-add total cost partnering strategies through multiyear relationships that are measurable by positively impacting: safety, availability, risk reduction, price, security of supply, life cycle, and process efficiency.
- Negotiates for selected strategic, high/low risk services and/or materials or asset disposal transactions.
- Assists in developing, validating, and implementing supply strategies; validate with more senior levels within organization.
- Assists in developing methodologies and performing strategic Demand Forecasting for all Service requirements between all major business groups within organization to segment spend and identify opportunities for service aggregation and supplier rationalization aimed to create “best value” through innovative ideas and solutions.
- Works with all levels of Strategic Suppliers and Stakeholder groups within organization to align strategic interests of functional groups and multiple partners to manage transitions, changing market conditions, evolving technology, and different requirements to move services through life cycles creating agility, adaptability, and alignment to reach mutual objectives efficiently.
- Evaluates existing services and/or materials transactions and administration protocols with a view to continuous improvement.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements corrective actions to improve performance and efficiency.
- Manages supplier relationships including supplier audits and formal performance evaluations and 360-degree feedback.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
As a recruitment consultant, with previous experience in goal-orientated communication, Tori will discuss all your career goals to ensure you are able to succeed in your next role. She specializes in contract roles across North America.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.