Project Controls Engineer
Sector: Nuclear Decommissioning & Waste Management
Are you a professional with planning experience and looking for an opportunity to get involved in nuclear decommissioning projects across the UK? Cyclife is looking for you.
EDF is the world’s leading nuclear operators with 71 reactors in the UK and France. As such, EDF has a vision to become the European Leader in Decommissioning and Waste Management, providing services to other nuclear operators and ensuring mastery of the decommissioning process for its own fleet.
To support this vision, EDF has established the Cyclife Group to deliver commercial decommissioning and waste services in the market. Thomas Thor Associates are a proud exclusive recruitment partner of Cyclife UK.
Cyclife currently has four business lines covering: Consultancy, Site Projects, Waste Treatment and Decommissioning via a nuclear-licensed waste treatment facility in Cumbria and international facilities in Sweden and France.
As a Project Controls Engineer you will support with developing project activity plans and schedules, coordinating engineering, decommissioning projects and procurement activities. Additionally, as a Project Controls Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and maintaining work break down structures and project master schedules
- Performing critical path analysis of schedules
- Support Project Managers to monitor and analyse information, reporting progress, slippage and highlighting areas of risk and opportunity. Support in monthly performance reviews.
Skills and Experience
- Experience working within the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry.
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 Project Management scheduling software
- Demonstrable ability to deliver the deadlines, ensuring the data is captured correctly.
Ideally based in Gloucester, however flexibility around location can be discussed.
Click the apply button now to send over your CV, we will call you to discuss the role in more detail. Even if your CV is not up to date then please send the most recent version, and we can discuss your recent experience on the phone.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Search and Process consultant with experience in operations, corporate, and nuclear recruitment in Benelux, Nordics, and UK markets. Passionate about people, different cultures, and mentalities. My role is to bring the most innovative talents to the nuclear industry, find the best opportunities for them, and develop a new relationship between Thomas Thor recruitment partners and potential candidates.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.