Electronic Design Engineer
Sector: Nuclear New Build
An Electronics Design Engineer is responsible for the Re-Design or Re-Engineering of obsolete electronics that are directly related to Nuclear Safety. A strong candidate for this position possesses a working knowledge of analog and power electronics used in power supplies, inverters, battery chargers, and various signal conditioning and processing systems. This position requires an individual that can take an existing product and recreate manufacturing drawings to re-manufacture the item. The individual will be responsible for substituting components and re-designing circuitry to overcome obsolete part issues as well as developing various test plans to ensure the reverse engineered item meets all design requirements
- Generate/Work with draftsman to create drawings to replicate electronic devices, including Electrical Schematic, Printed Circuit Board, and Mechanical drawings.
- Analyze circuitry to be able to determine theory of operation and define operating parameters.
- Create Design Adequacy test regimens to ensure the Reverse Engineered product meets the required Environmental parameters.
- Evaluate components for the impact to for form, fit, function and Environmental Qualification requirements.
- Design/Develop test benches for testing Reverse Engineered products.
- Perform failure analysis of various components and recommend solutions.
- Create all design documentation required by Quality Procedures such as: Design Management Pan, Specimen Evaluation Report, Design Drawings, Design Specification, Acceptance Procedure, Qualification Plan, Qualification Test Report, Equivalency Evaluation Report, and Engineering Change Notice.
- Use assorted electronics lab test equipment to perform troubleshooting down to the component level.
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve non-conforming purchase order requirements and materials.
- Communicate with customers to answer technical questions.
- Perform customer visit to evaluate equipment.
- Perform source surveillances at outside test laboratories.
- Additional related tasks may be assigned by management.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
My name is Nicholas Cope, and I am a recruitment consultant for Thomas Thor. I have been with the company over a year, and I have over 3 years of recruiting experience. I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio and currently live in Cuyahoga Falls.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.