Sector: Nuclear New Build
The mechanical engineer provides sound engineering principles in design, development, implementation, testing and evaluation (by analytical or other means) for equipment applied in nuclear safety-related projects. Mechanical Engineers produce accurate and technically proficient designs of mechanical and electromechanical equipment to support custom solutions for operating issues within a nuclear station or other nuclear operated facilities
- Identifies and analyzes project requirements to accurately evaluate project needs.
- Ability to read and understand design/industry specifications and technical drawings.
- Compiles and reviews exiting mechanical designs and specifications for purchasing or fabrication.
- Collect basic information about material or equipment for projects.
- Preparation of Bills of Materials and purchase orders for material.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to proposals, quotes, and bids from vendors in support of the sales organization.
- Selects vendors to purchase products; visit vendor facilities to conduct inspections, audits, or performance reviews and ensure that required standards are met.
- Writes and coordinates test plans and test reports.
- Performs engineering calculations are necessary to support critical design or analysis of equipment.
- Technical execution of projects/orders and coordinating with Business Segment Team and supporting engineering staff.
- Technical oversight of all project related shop work, project deliverables, and associated submittals to customer.
- Produces designs and layouts for mechanical systems/equipment.
- Reports status of activities timely and accurately. Establish and communicate estimated delivery dates of materials or equipment.
- Meets project timeline and scheduled due dates.
- Maintains complete, updated, and accurate project files that contain all appropriate engineering elements of the project.
- Identify and resolve non-conformances to contractual or industry requirements.
- Assist other Engineers and Project Managers when needed.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
My name is Nicholas Cope, and I am a recruitment consultant for Thomas Thor. I have been with the company over a year, and I have over 3 years of recruiting experience. I was born and raised in Akron, Ohio and currently live in Cuyahoga Falls.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.