Safety & Health Advisor
Safety & Health Advisor
Major Clean Energy Programme
Sector: Nuclear R&D
Category: Health and Safety
Thomas Thor are working with a world class centre of excellence leading research and delivery of a major clean energy source.
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
The organization, based in Oxfordshire, are looking for a permanent Safety & Health Advisor who will provide operational support in matters of industrial Safety and Health, working closely with Department Managers to drive a proactive culture and support the company’s growing, multi-site operations.
The role has an organisation wide impact so will cut across many areas of the business, involving interaction with many people at all levels. This will suit a safety & health professional who is, or working towards chartered status and willing to challenge, mentor and support senior management in matters of safety & health.
- Provide safety and health expertise to staff and contractors within the business area to ensure statutory compliance.
- Support the business through monitoring and measuring safety & health performance and recommend actions for improvement.
- With the relevant Department Manager conduct audits and inspections of the business areas.
- To manage the S&H incident reports relevant to business area, ensuring appropriate actions are assigned, cause analysis is completed and there is validation of closure.
- To lead on S&H investigations including undertaking and completing Fact Finds and attending formal inquiries.
- Degree or equivalent in engineering or science related discipline
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent (individuals who are currently in the process of obtaining this are also considered)
- Chartered Member of IOSH or working towards CMIOSH
- Previous experience in a high-risk industry would be advantageous
- Proven field experience
Flexible working arrangements e.g. family friendly policies.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
6+ years’ experience in international engineering recruitment. Enjoy working on senior level technical roles that prove challenging to fill. Specialized in the nuclear industry – new build projects, having a particular interest in advanced nuclear technology. Focused on building strong relationships with candidates and clients to ensure a positive candidate experience and effective account management.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.