Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer
Sector: Nuclear Decommissioning & Waste Management
Are you a civil engineer with experience on major infrastructure projects and looking for a new opportunity? Magnox is presenting you a Senior Civil Engineer position based at Dungeness A, with a 4-working day week.
Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry-leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate, and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager… My Systems engineering team is made up of highly skilled professionals across a range of engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, E, C&I) with the responsibility of maintaining the sites Plant systems including the site’s infrastructure. They provide a focal point of engineering expertise and ownership for a portfolio of assigned plant systems and assets with high nuclear, radiological, environmental, and business significance. They deliver comprehensive engineering services to customers and stakeholders, maintaining long term safety, performance, reliability, material condition and compliance in this highly regulated sector. The Senior Civil engineer provides the intelligence for complex engineering solutions to high profile projects by suppling a high level of technical knowledge and experience
As a Senior Civil Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Provide the focal point and ownership for a portfolio of assigned systems and/or assets.
- Maintain an engineering strategy for the assigned systems and/or assets to deliver long term health.
- Make recommendations for system and/or asset investments.
- Record, trend and analyse system performance monitoring data as appropriate and take the necessary corrective actions.
- Maintain a system file.
- Specify the necessary periodic maintenance routines and spares holdings to meet regulatory, compliance and performance requirements and ensure satisfactory completion.
- A degree, Higher National Certificate (HNC) or other equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering field
- Experience of working on major infrastructure projects from a highly regulated industry
- Understanding of relevant company and/or national engineering standards
Working hours: Mon – Thur (37 hours)
- 25 days (equivalent) annual leave – option to buy or sell up to 5 days each year
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme (up to £5,250 per annum based on corporate objectives)
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
Please be aware this role holder requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance.
There is a requirement to live within a commutable distance of the sites where the role is based. For central/multi-site roles, we have various hubs across the UK and can be flexible with base location.
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues brings to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included, and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBTQ+, and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
Click the apply button now to send over your CV, we will call you to discuss the role in more detail. Even if your CV is not up to date then please send the most recent version, and we can discuss your recent experience on the phone.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
I am a Senior Search&Process Consultant focused on bringing qualified talent into the Nuclear Industry. I am set on pioneering nuclear energy being part of the solution for climate change. My passion for the industry drives me to open up discussions with anyone interested in learning more about it, and how they could become part of the journey to achieving NET ZERO.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.