Thermomechanical and structural analyses expert
Sector: Nuclear R&D
Our client, an innovative company committed to accelerating the availability of clean energy, is looking for an expert in thermomechanical and structural analysis.
You will be responsible for the structural integrity, thermomechanical analyses and mechanical design of a GEN4 reactor.
- Set up thermomechanical models to (partially) simulate the reactor system
- Contribute to definition and justification of the safety case
- Contribute or establish effective coupling with other codes and results from other disciplines, such as core physics and thermohydraulics.
- Contribute to the development of experimental facilities, and code validation
- Create transparency on development progress, identify issues and propose solutions that will help team problem-solving and design integration
- Implement a learning loop and ensure lessons learned are systematically captured
- Keep the team engaged and stakeholders informed
- Report to the CTO.
- You have a Master’s degree in science or engineering, experience in the nuclear field is a plus
- You have minimum 5 to 8 years of proven experience in structural integrity simulations and analyses. A PhD is regarded work experience, if the subject of study is relevant to the job position
- Experience with nuclear technology is regarded a plus
- Experience with codes & standards, specifically RCC-MRX is regarded a plus
- You are familiar with simulation and modelling tools (ABAQUS, ANSYS, MARC-MENTAT)
- You work well in a team and have a keen interest in other disciplines and new technology
- You are a fast learner who is able to see the bigger picture in complex multi-disciplinary projects
- You solve problems creatively, feel responsibility automatically, and know when to ask for help
- You are an excellent communicator in English and French, both spoken and written
- You are a hands-on self-starter who likes to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment that is growing fast
- You are willing to travel regularly to work with the team in the Netherlands (up to 5 days a month, flexible)
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Experienced recruitment specialist with a proven track record in the management consulting industry. Strong human resources professional with a masters degree focused on work psychology. My role is to meet the requirements of clients and candidates by giving them all the support and recommendations. At all times.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.