Thermomechanical and Structural Analysis Expert
Sector: Nuclear New Build
Do you want to contribute to the development of a new energy technology that can safely turn nuclear waste into emission-free energy? Are you excited about working in a hands-on deep tech start-up team that aims to make a huge impact? Do you like complex challenges? Then this opportunity might be for you.
We are looking for a Thermomechanical and Structural Analysis Expert to join our client’s innovative and international team.
Our client is a developer of nuclear power solutions. The company designs and creates frontier technology for Molten Salt Reactors (MSR). There are currently 18 professional experts in Amsterdam and an office is being opened in Lyon, France. The primary location of the role will be in the new office in Lyon.
As a Thermomechanical and structural analyses expert you are responsible for structural integrity and thermomechanical analyses and mechanical designs of the system, both by analytical and numerical means (for example ABAQUS, ANSYS, MARC-MENTAT). The duties will include structural mechanical-thermomechanical and thermal calculations, including the modelling of materials adopted, and the evolution of material properties and behaviour over time (including radiation and chemical interaction impact). The analyses also include coupling with system code or computational fluid dynamic analyses, to simulate reactor system safety and performance, requiring interfacing and exchange of data and information with other disciplines. The position includes selection of and interfacing or collaboration with potential component, material and service suppliers. You want to achieve a high level of robustness, quality and reliability in your analyses, and will introduce computational flexibility needed to iterate designs effectively and quickly, if needed.
- Set up thermomechanical models to (partially) simulate the reactor system
- Contribute to definition and justification of the safety case
- Contribute or establish effective coupling with other codes and results from other disciplines, such as core physics and thermohydraulics.
- Contribute to the development of experimental facilities, and code validation
- Create transparency on development progress and raise bottlenecks for team problem-solvings and design meetings
- Implement a learning loop and ensure lessons learned are systematically captured
- Keep the team engaged and stakeholders informed
- Report to the CTO
Qualifications and Experience
- You have a Master’s degree in science or engineering, experience in the nuclear field is a plus.
- You have a proven experience in structural integrity simulations and analyses. A Phd is regarded work experience, if the subject of study is relevant to the job position.
- Experience with nuclear technology is regarded a plus.
- Experience with codes & standards, specifically RCC-MRX is regarded a plus.
- You work well in a team and have a keen interest in other disciplines and new technology
- You are a fast learner that is able to see the bigger picture in complex multi-disciplinary projects
- You solve problems creatively, feel responsibility automatically, and know when to ask for help
- You are an excellent communicator in English, both spoken and written
- You are a hands-on self-starter who likes to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment that is growing fast
- Regular travelling to Netherlands (up to ~5 days a month max, flexible) is possible
- You have an intrinsic motivation to make an impact and want to contribute to a responsable energy supply
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
A trusted Recruitment Consultant with strong ability to manage recruiting processes and deliver high-quality results. I have a broad experience in recruiting for a wide range of roles across nuclear and renewables within UK, EMEA region and North America.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.