I&C Technical Lead
Sector: Nuclear R&D
I&C Team Lead
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unconditionally safe and secure source of clean energy, the SMR-160 small modular reactor. The Position is offered by Holtec Britain as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry. Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station. The I&C Electrical (ICE) Team Lead will lead and manage a team of engineers producing the Electrical and I&C safety case for submission to the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) for use in the Generic Design Assessment (GDA). This requires leadership experience in the production of nuclear safety case documentation in support of a developing reactor design to meet UK regulatory expectations and experience with leading and managing technical teams. The candidate will have detailed knowledge of electrical, and I&C safety cases.
The ICE Team Lead will report through the Head of Licensing to the GDA Project Director and will build strong a relationship with the US SMR ICE Lead. The UK GDA is a critical element for commercial deployment of SMR-160s word-wide, and this role provides a unique opportunity in an exciting emerging technology and energy marketplace.
Experience should include:
- Managing/leading technical teams
- Safety case document production experience and experience with ONR’s Safety Assessment Principles
- Developing nuclear safety functional requirements for electrical / I&C systems
- Experience in integrated digital plant control design, specifically control and protection systems and diverse actuation systems.
- Experience with applicable (including nuclear-specific) IEEE, IEC, EPRI, ISA, ANSI, and IAEA codes and standards.
- Experience in nuclear power station electrical system design, specifically on-site distribution (AC and DC), off site interfaces (substation), grounding and lighting protection, plant lighting systems, battery system, diesel generators.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- I&C and Electrical safety case delivery for GDA.
- Providing line management and coordinating the team, being responsible for coaching and mentoring to develop the team and the individuals in technical skills and in personal skills enabling them to deliver.
- Provide support to the Human Factors Safety Case in the area of HMI assessments.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal and external organisations including the nuclear regulators.
- Interact with regulators to defend electrical and I&C design and explain supporting substantiation.
- Support UK team development, participating in interviews.
- Applicants should be prepared to play an active role in a project-driven and highly integrated engineering team.
- Degree qualified in an engineering or science related discipline.
- Must possess excellent credentials in principles of digital plant control design.
- Experience in developing nuclear safety cases for specified discipline.
- Ability to work independently and balance competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to engage credibly within and external to the business.
- Strong presentation and communication skills – able to present at multiple organisational levels and to external regulatory stakeholders.
- A credible decision maker, able to create confidence through crafting of strong justifications and arguments.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
- Experience with integrated control systems.
- Experience with Human Machine Interface assessments
- Cyber Risk Assessments
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Alexandria is a Senior Recruitment Consultant, based in Cumbria, UK, with a focus on delivering top talent in the nuclear industry. She strives to provide a quality recruitment experience while building solid relationships across the industry. Alexandria has a big passion for ED&I and works hard to promote inclusivity in the workplace.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.