Head of Engineering | Renewable Energy
EDF Renewables UK & Ireland
Sector: Onshore wind
Thomas Thor provides executive search, recruitment, temporary workforce, and consulting services to the projects, businesses, and organisations contributing to the Net Zero energy transition.
We have partnered with EDF Renewables UK & Ireland to lead the search for their next Head of Engineering, and we will be here to support and guide you throughout this process.
Diversity and Inclusion
Thomas Thor will work with you to ensure that this process is as accessible and as inclusive as possible. If there is anything that can be done to ensure you are able to access this process, then please inform Jamie Braddock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About EDF Renewables UK & Ireland
EDF is the UK’s biggest generator of zero carbon electricity. With 37 onshore wind farms and 2 offshore windfarms, as well as battery storage systems, solar, and hydrogen projects across England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, EDF Renewables UK & I is a major renewable energy company critical to the UK’s energy security and a net-zero future.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for providing leadership and ensuring engineering governance, oversight, and support to the EDF Renewables business in a context of rapid growth and diversification across technologies.
You will also be responsible for building a strong, collaborative, and positive working culture among the Engineering team, and for delivering the full potential of synergies and efficiencies with the wider business.
- Build a strong and compelling vision for delivering engineering excellence in technical teams across the business, demonstrating an ability to lead and add value to opportunities in a highly competitive and changing marketplace.
- Work closely with the Chief Technical Officer to ensure that the technical conscience of the business is central to development, delivery and operation of the assets.
- Ensure that technical standards are consistently implemented and maintained across all business functions in delivery of EDF Renewables’ ambitious growth targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships across EDF Renewables in the UK, and the wider EDF Group in the UK and internationally.
- Develop and maintain external relationships with the supply chain, industry bodies, technical standards organisations, academia / research bodies, and wider network to enhance, promote, and protect EDF Renewables’ activity and brand.
- Sponsor and/or chair various Steering Committees, Safety Committees, and working groups.
Location and Travel Requirements
The hybrid role can be based in multiple locations to include; London, Durham or Edinburgh. There will be an element of EU travel.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Relevant experience leading a multi-disciplinary engineering function throughout the full lifecycle of renewable energy assets including development, delivery, and operations.
- Proven leader successful in delivering projects and programmes, establishing and managing relationships, securing and maintaining a safe environment, managing priorities, and inspiring and influencing behaviours and actions.
- Experience managing and mitigating risks and challenges in a renewables environment.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Specialist in at least one engineering discipline within the renewable energy sector.
- Skilled at leading and motivating a team.
- Experience building successful relationships with external partners, peers, stakeholders, suppliers and reporting line.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and quality.
- Organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills.
To apply or to learn more about this role please apply via this advert and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With more than 11 years’ experience delivering specialist recruitment and Executive Search projects in niche and highly regulated sectors globally, Jamie is responsible for leading our activity supporting Renewable Energy and De-Carbonisation projects across the UK and Europe.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.