Health & Safety Engineer
Sector: Nuclear R&D
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unconditionally safe and secure source of clean energy, the Holtec SMR-160+ small modular reactor. The Position is offered by Holtec Britain as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry. Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station. The Health and Safety (H&S) Engineer will produce H&S assessments related to the SMR power station and will also support the development of the H&S section of the Safety Case for submission to the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) for use in the Generic Design Assessment (GDA). The candidate should have suitable relevant experience working as a H&S professional in a project context, with experience working within a highly regulated, operational environment.
The Engineer will build strong a relationship with the US SMR team. The UK GDA is a critical element for commercial deployment of Holtec SMRs word-wide, and this role provides a unique opportunity in an exciting emerging technology and energy marketplace.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- H&S and fire safety considerations for design and construction.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, codes & standards for H&S and fire safety.
- Production of H&S and fire safety policies, including Construction, Design Management strategy.
- Ensuring design processes suitable identify health and safety or fire safety risks.
- COSHH and DSEAR assessments.
- Production of conventional health and safety checklists.
- Conventional and fire Safety design requirements capture.
- Devising and assessing mitigation measures for H&S and fire Safety in design and construction.
- Current qualification/knowledge of the CDM Regulations.
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate, Construction Certificate or NVQ Level 3
- Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) desirable
- Operational knowledge of current HSE legislation associated with project work
- Suitable relevant experience working as a HSE Professional in a project context, with experience working within a highly regulated, operational environment.
- Detail oriented and skilled in setting priorities.
- Ability to learn fast, maintain quality and efficiency, apply acquired knowledge.
- Confident in seeking support where required.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
Search and Process consultant with experience in operations, corporate, and nuclear recruitment in Benelux, Nordics, and UK markets. Passionate about people, different cultures, and mentalities. My role is to bring the most innovative talents to the nuclear industry, find the best opportunities for them, and develop a new relationship between Thomas Thor recruitment partners and potential candidates.
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.