Protecting current and future generations is at the heart of Radioactive Waste Management’s (RWM) mission to deliver the UK’s first Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) and provide radioactive waste management solutions.
RWM’s vision as an organisation is to create a safer future by managing radioactive waste effectively, to protect people and the environment, collaborating with experts on multi-million-pound research programmes and radioactive waste producers to find ways to package it that are suitable for disposal in a Geological Disposal Facility.
As GDF Programme Business Case Manager, you will lead the planning, development, drafting and overseeing of the production and delivery of allocated business cases for RWM throughout the GDF siting process. You will join a diverse organisation and represent RWM as a member of the GDF delivery team.
• Develop allocated business cases within the GDF Programme and subordinate sub-programmes/projects.
• Establish appropriate processes and controls for ensuring adherence of cases as well as ensuring that arrangements are in place for management cases through programme governance.
• Ensure that business case costs at all levels are developed, reviewed and maintained through liaison with the GDF Programme Costs team.
• Supporting engagement with key stakeholders to address concerns and encourage further engagement.
• Co-ordinate development plans for individuals and the team.
You will be expected to support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives as instructed by the Executive. Leadership, team working, influencing and motivational skills are required, together with the ability to communicate at all levels.
• Experience of operating business case management levels as part of a significant programme and in agile environments.
• Public sector experience, working within a high value programme forming part of a Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP)/Major Projects Review Group (MPRG) programme in UK government.
• Chartered membership status (or working towards it), and/or APMG Better Business Cases Practitioner.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to translate senior directions and strategy into clear, actionable plans whilst providing analytical and problem-solving capability.
• Experience of delivering proposals and cases to Programme and Project Board levels.
• You will have a pragmatic, problem-solving approach to solving key issues.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.