Business Development Manager – Cyclife UK
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to identify opportunities and subsequently secure business across a variety of areas covering technical decommissioning projects for Cyclife UK – part of EDF.
EDF is the world’s leading nuclear power station operator, currently operating 71 reactors in France and the UK. As such, EDF has a vision to become the European Leader in Decommissioning and Waste Management, providing services to other nuclear operators and ensuring mastery of the decommissioning process for its own fleet. To support this vision, EDF has established the Cyclife Group to deliver commercial decommissioning and waste services in the market.
Cyclife currently has four business lines covering: Consultancy, Site Projects, Waste Treatment and Decommissioning, via a nuclear-licensed waste treatment facility in Cumbria and international facilities in Sweden and France.
Thomas Thor Associates are proud to be the exclusive recruitment partner of Cyclife UK. Cyclife’s decommissioning concept is a waste-led solutions approach, in response to nuclear industry operational and decommissioning challenges. The UK business is embarking upon a period of considerable expansion, making this an exciting time to join them and be part of their ambitious Cyclife journey.
As the Business Development Manager you will proactively identify potential opportunities, primarily focused around securing business for UK Consultancy, Site Services & Waste Treatment, from discussions, feedback to business functions and managing follow up through the sales process.
As the Principal customer interface for new and key clients, you will be responsible for ensuring sufficient new business development to support various business areas and achieve the mid-term plan.
As a leader you will aid in the development of other members of the sales team and ensure their introduction into the market place, as well as inputting into Cyclife UK’s marketing plan and the creation of new marketing material.
– To develop and implement Cyclife Value propositions and present to customers representing the full company capability and strategy.
– Develop and maintain business function plans and associated capture plans.
– To identify from experience, business winning best practice to facilitate continual improvement in Cyclife bids, Value Propositions and Business processes.
– Communicate and coordinate support from businesses centre, technical specialists and the business development team to ensure appropriate follow up facilitating project delivery to client expectations.
– Marketing of Cyclife UK’s capabilities in line with Cyclife’s overall business strategy, to customers through sales visits and meetings with customers.
– Provide input to the business functions budget and budget review process in terms of potential opportunities.
Skills and Experience
– Experience of front-end sales, business capture and solution development, with demonstrable success in previous roles
– Experience of developing proposal material, managing resources, co-ordinating with sales, technical and strategy functions, ensuring successful bid delivery and subsequent transition into service delivery
– An understanding of Nuclear projects, or other related highly-regulated and safety critical industries.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation that will shape the future of the nuclear decommissioning landscape, at the very start of this journey. An inclusive and diverse team will support you throughout your career, with plenty of exciting development opportunities for those looking to move forward.
Cyclife have office locations in Gloucestershire, East Kilbride, Cumbria and the North East and offer great flexibility around these, with remote working as standard across the organisation. Also on offer are attractive salaries, bonus and company car allowance, as well as other benefits such as holidays, pension and staff discount.
They’re also a Disability Confident Employer and have won the coveted RoSPA 2020 President’s Award for Health & safety.
Please click on the apply now button to send us your application – or contact Clare O’Brien at Thomas Thor for further information.
If you are interested but your CV is not up to date, please send this over, we can discuss this opportunity and your relevant experience in more detail during a telephone appointment.