Within OL3 project, inside the Supply Chain Project Department, the Buyer is responsible to place orders of goods and services to reach Project objectives in term of quality, time schedule and cost. This would be a minimum 3 month assignment with possible extension to start as soon as possible.
The main mission of the Buyer is to (not limited to):
- Analyze purchasing needs and evolutions of needs specifications,
- Identify potential new Suppliers, locally and internationally,
- Conduct the bidding process,
- Lead the Contracts negotiation with Suppliers,
- Coordinate interfaces with other departments (eg. engineering, construction, commissioning, project control, quality)
- Analyze prices, propose alternatives, and leads Suppliers selection,
- Analyze the offer conformity with the requirements and the expected Project performance,
- Report on purchasing performance, time schedule and progress, and on the activity in general,
- Respect the Supply Chain processes and procedures,
Occasionally the Buyer may have to (not limited to):
- Manage the Contract execution / expediting until complete delivery and Contract closure,
- Participate to claims building or claims defense,
He/she reports to the Supply Chain Manager or deputy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Procurement or a related field required
- Minimum 3 years of similar experience on a complex industrial project
- Strong negotiating skills
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Fluent in English (French, German or Finnish would be considered as an advantage)
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Versatile, Adaptable, Rigorous, Good interpersonal skills, Client & results oriented,attention to detail.