Do you want to be a part of the Belgian Nuclear Industry?
Our client is looking for a Calculations Engineer that can help them for at least 1 year with the calculations for the Nuclear projects across Belgium. You would be based in Brussels, Belgium. This role would be part of the The Seism and Structural Integrity department and could support a variety of projects.
French OR Dutch language is required.
- Manage the various aspects of structural integrity of mechanical components related to both RCC-M, ASME Section III Codes, Eurocode for the construction/operation of existing or new nuclear power plants.
- Carry out all the calculations of the RCC-M and ASME mechanical and piping components (piping lines and supporting systems) and including Class 1, 2&3 components.
- Conduct (and guide the other colleagues if necessary) Finite-Elements Studies for thermal and pressure fatigue evaluation of mechanical and piping components
- with respect to RCC-M and ASME Codes.
- Be familiar with the use of the RCC-M and ASME Section III Codes.
- Be aware of all the different analyses : mechanical, thermal and pressure transients applicable mechanical and piping/support components of nuclear units.
- Help the Client to safely restart their nuclear units through fast and judicious justification for continuation in case of alteration of the structural integrity of an RCC-M (or ASME) component.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Mechanical or Civil Engineer with few years of experience in structural analysis and design
- Be familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes, RCC-M Code, ASME Code…)
- Be able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading
- Be able to conduct or review structural analyses using computational software (such as PIPESTRESS, BEAMSTRESS, ANSYS, SYSTUS…) for static loads or dynamic loads, in case of linear or non-linear analysis
- A background in structural assessment of French nuclear components and piping is an asset
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset
- Be able to communicate in French or Dutch and English
- Be interested to become a high-level expert in this topic