Are you interested in working for a nuclear development company designing a cleaner, cheaper form of nuclear power?
Thomas Thor has been engaged by one of the leaders of the SMR market. Design is at concept stage and is undergoing review by the Canadian nuclear regulators. The focus will be on the New Brunswick project where will be leading the development of reactor with intention to deploy the first demonstration reactor there.
You will be joining a small growing team based in Saint John with activity across the UK, Canada and internationally. It is a permanent staff position who you will be building and leading a team.
You will be responsible for leading the North American design activities including design of the specific reactor and design of the associated fuel fabrication facility from concept stage through detailed design and build. You will lead the design team ensuring that all elements of the plant design are accounted for and taken forward in synergy.
- You will need to understand all aspects of the design of a nuclear power plant.
- You will recruit specialist expertise where required and source external support where required.
- You will report to the Chief Executive and work alongside the Head of Licensing & Regulatory Affairs and the Head of R&D. You will liaise with both teams to ensure they have the support needed to prepare their licensing documentation and experiments and they produce the appropriate information to proceed with the design.
- Knowledge of designing and licensing commercial reactors is essential
- 10+ years of total experience with a recent experience as a a Principal Engineer, Lead Engineer or Chief Engineer in managing multidisciplinary design and licensing teams in the civil nuclear field.
- Interpersonal skills: you will be open to innovation and new ways of doing things. You will demonstrate a desire to do things differently when they aren’t right. You will have good interpersonal skills, the ability to question and be frank with colleagues but also the ability to accept criticism and willingness to learn. The working environment will be flexible and results driven.
- Managing design of nuclear fuel processing facilities
- Knowledge of design requirements and operation of nuclear fuel processing facilities
- Knowledge of molten salt
Package to be discussed on a cas-by-case basis