We are currently recruiting for one of our Belgian client a Civil Design Engineer. It will be a 1 year contract (with possibility of extension) starting with an on site mission of 6 months in Tihange.
You will be involved in a wide variety of civil construction activities, ranging from new built projects that often run over several years, short-term renovation projects as well as punctual assistance to the Operator on a Nuclear Power Plant.
- Oversee the design and calculations of nuclear related structures and building subjected to internal and external hazards
- Perform structural analyses using FEM code
- Participate actively in the dynamic analysis of nuclear structures and components to various hazards: earthquake, gas explosion, tornado, plane crash accident
- Participate in the writing of technical specifications (design requirements) and the review of technical documents issued by the Contractor
- Participate in the preparation of offers or the invitation to tender
- Civil Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience in structural analysis and design
- Familiar with international codes and standards (Eurocodes as well as American Standards such as ASCE, ACI, USNRC (SRP and RG), …)
- Able to predict the response of structures under static and dynamic loading
- Experienced in general purpose Finite Element and structural codes (such as ANSYS, SCIA, …) for static loads or dynamic loads , in case of linear or non-linear analysis
- A background in seismic assessment of seismic structures and other structures including soil-structure interaction aspects is an asset
- Knowledge of nuclear domain and safety is considered as an asset
- Able to communicate in French and English