Our client a major international energy developer are looking for a role to support the Supply Chain Function within the Programme Delivery Teams providing the highest standards of Commercial Management.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key part in the Hinkley point C (multi-bn GBP) new nuclear development programme.
These roles will be based on HPC site in Bridgewater.
The Commercial Manager is an important role within the HPC Commercial Group with accountability to the Senior Commercial Manager for the successful commercial administration of one or more contracts.
As such the Commercial Manager is empowered to make decisions around the Principle Accountability areas, under the overall guidance of the Senior Commercial Manager and in accordance with delegated levels of authority.
The Commercial Manager will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contract/s assigned to them and will be required to work closely and pro-actively with the other stakeholders at all levels and across all the teams within HPC to ensure that the requirements of the individual contracts and their impact upon the overall HPC Project are successfully delivered.
• The day to day management of Supply Chain Assistants under their control
• Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (pre-award)
• Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award)
• Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (close out)
• Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with HPC governance requirements to meet HPC Project and business objectives
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities (see below) are implemented in accordance with HPC Commercial Procedures
• Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is (Essential)
• Educated to degree level (Essential)
• Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice contract methodologies
• Possesses skills to act as deputy
• Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts
• Highly developed commercial skills and demonstrable ability to make sound decisions on matters of significant financial value
• Good understanding of contract performance measurement, risk management and change and claim management
• Track record with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential
• Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy
• Good understanding of the UK regulatory framework
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.