Our client a major international energy developer are looking for a role where you will be commercially accountable, for any contract(s) and/or supplier(s) assigned to you, for all post-contract, relationship and commercial management issues relating to the project.
You will play a key role in a team whose remit covers Technical and Engineering Professional Services Contracts in use across the entire project. Working to maximise the commercial benefit of the Framework Contract Portfolio you will drive competition as well as outcome biased delivery using a range of systems, tools & relationships.
In addition to managing the strategic portfolio of Framework Partners, the Client Commercial Team also provides support and guidance across a wide range of related commercial activities from Related Party and UK Government commercial dealings through to the use of Agency / Contingent Workers across the entire project.
• Reporting and providing support to a Senior Commercial Manager or Supply Chain Lead including assessing the scope, duration and expected value of each of the Contracts against the Contract Authorised Sum (CAS) and defining the commercial requirements of a contract.
• Stakeholder Relationship Management and Guidance especially in consideration of individual Task Orders and Packages of Work instructed under the relevant Framework contracts – ensuring at all times that Value for Money is achieved.
• The Commercial Manager will typically be responsible and/or directly involved in contract(s) between £0-£100m in value subject to level of risk or complexity.
• The day-to-day management of Commercial Support Officers under their control.
• Providing support to the procurement process during the Procurement phase (pre-award) of similar service contracts
• Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post-award) to maximise operational and financial performance and minimise commercial risk.
• Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with the projects governance requirements; at all times operating in accordance with IMS rules and procedures to ensure that contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall governance/assurance regime.
• Professional development of self and people within the team
• Responsible for ensuring that all Principal Accountabilities are implemented in accordance with the projects Commercial Procedures
• Administration of commercial management tools including, but not limited to, CEMAR and SAP.
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide nuclear jobs to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.