Our client, a Major International Engineering company are seeking a senior quantity surveyor to support their involvement in a major UK nuclear new build project.
The Commercial Manager shall lead the following aspects of a contract and be able to do so for major projects that operate on a lump sum or target basis and that are subject to significant change from aspects such as design or delay & disruption (i.e. Complex Contracts):
• Contract cash flow
• Contract change management
• Establishing subcontracts and subcontractor management
• Cost control and earned value management
• Project Commercial Reporting including accurate forecasting
• Interviewing, selecting and managing other commercial project resources for major projects or across project portfolio’s where required
• Complex negotiations with clients to secure our contractual entitlements
• Complex negotiations with subcontractors to defend spurious or exaggerated subcontract change claims
• Establishing and actively managing the project budgets with the Project Manager
• Managing the contract risks with the Project Manager
• Establishing and managing the implementation of the procurement strategy for the contract
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a commercial related subject (candidates with significant appropriate experience may be considered)
• Candidate has demonstrable excellent experience in all aspects of the above Key Accountabilities section. Minimum 15 years’ experience in the field of Quantity Surveying.
• Candidates must be eligible for SC clearance. Clearance will be sponsored by the Company.
• Good knowledge and experience of ‘construction / engineering’ contracts particularly NEC
• Flexibility to travel to other UK offices and sites on occasion as necessary
• PC literate in Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
• Articulate with excellent written communication
• MRICS is an added advantage but not essential
• Experience gained within a large contracting organisation
• General understanding of nuclear process plant and equipment would be beneficial
• UK Driving licence is essential
Thomas Thor Associates is a consulting and recruitment organisation providing services to the global nuclear sector. We represent nuclear industry experts and provide them to our clients for either freelance contract assignments or permanent staff positions.> LinkedIn
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.