For a well-known client operating in the United Arab Emirates I am currently in search for a Contract Management Specialist to work on a nuclear new build project. The client is offering a 1 year contract.
To efficiently and effectively manage the commercial activities of the Prime Contract to ensure Client’s commercial risk exposure to Change and conflict is minimized and controlled.
1. Prime Contractor Oversight Responsibility:
• Develop, maintain and implement work processes and associated tools to support effective commercial administration of the Prime Contract.
• Administer and negotiate Change to the Prime Contract effectively.
• Support the Prime Contract Management team to ensure the accountabilities and activities are performed in an
• Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working
• Develop and maintain Prime Contract commercial management procedures and ensure integration with Prime Contract’s processes and those of other organisations.
2. Change Management Responsibility:
• Minimise exposure to changes to Prime Contract by applying correct contractual provisions. o Negotiate and timely agreement of Changes in order to minimize conflict.
• Ensure relevant internal procedures are adhered to.
• Analyse and negotiate Changes with an element of supervision.
3. Commercial Risk Management (Claims) Responsibility:
• Ensure cost, time and risk issues are being commercially controlled.
• Ensure commercial interests are best protected by minimising potential for conflicts arising.
• Ensure defense mechanisms are in place to minimise risk of claims and disputes being pursued by Contractor.
4. People Management Responsibility:
• Manage the effective achievement of organization’s objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal — in order to maximize subordinate and department performance
• Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy
• Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximize their effective performance
5. Stakeholder Engagement Responsibility:
• Facilitate communication both internally and externally in order to build and nurture mutually beneficial working relationships
6. Excellence & Quality Management Responsibility:
• Ensure commitment to culture of excellence and Quality Management by implementing best practices, complying with excellence requirements in terms of policies, procedures and systems, and exceeding stakeholders expectations
• Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
• Professional Certifications, Chartered member of a recognised professional institution such as RICS, CIOB, or ICE.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience with contracts, contract amendments, change management, risk management and vendor communication
• Experience of post-contract award commercial and contract management
• Management of Contract Changes
• Management of Claims and Disputes
• Risk Management