Working in support of Longenecker & Associates, Thomas Thor USA is currently seeking a Contractor Assurance Systems Specialist at the Los Alamos National Laboratory. This is a permanent position to be based in Los Alamos, NM.
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution dedicated to enhancing national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.
The QA & Transformation (QA&T) Program organization will lead and assess LLCC-wide efforts to ensure that N3B’s organizational culture (how we do things here), safety culture (our priority on safety) and safety conscious work environment (workers feel free to bring up issues) are in complete alignment. The three critical organizational elements needed to fully align these cultures are Leadership, Engaged Employees and continuous Organizational Learning.
Primary job responsibilities are as follows:
- Under the direction of the Contractor Assurance System (CAS) Manager, function as the (CAS) Liaison to assigned Program Manager (PM) organization(s) to support organizational implementation of:
- Management Observations
- Integrated Assessment Schedule management
- Management Assessment execution
- Issues Management
- Lessons Learned
- Operating Experience
- PM Assurance Process
- Be a member of the N3B Issue Request Screening Team
- Work with the PM(s) to develop and maintain Contractor Assurance System Key Performance Indicators and Metrics
- Work with the PM(s) to prepare for the Management Review Board (MRB) meetings, including development of the agenda/presentation, meeting facilitation, and meeting summary minutes
- Attain qualifications to lead and perform causal analyses
- Lead and/or perform causal analyses on identified issues
- Periodic review and revision of assigned CAS procedures
- Support event fact-finding sessions in assigned PM organization(s)Develop proficiency regarding the use of the DevonWay integrated CAS (iCAS) suite of modules used to support CAS implementation
- Develop proficiency in DevonWay iCAS administrator duties regarding the assignment of permissions, use of Trakway, and module modification work with DevonWay personnel
- Effectively work with other CAS members in a team environment to provide support, as needed
- Other mission related duties assigned by the CAS Manager
As a Longenecker & Associates employee, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission critical work, join a team that constantly exceeds client expectations, and become a member of a professional family.
We are currently recruiting applicants that are legally entitled to work in the United States of America.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and at least 2 years of relevant experience; or at least 5 years of demonstrated and relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge of basic math, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Utilize independent judgment, creativity, and initiative to resolve problems and ensure that requirements are completed efficiently, on time, and are cost-effective.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization with different types of personnel and communication styles in a tactful, professional, influencing, motivating manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Understand and retrieve needed information from data sources, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, terminology, schedules, personnel, and other details
- Plan and organize work to complete in the most efficient manner and meet required deadlines.
- Set and manage priorities and pressures of handling multiple tasks, and time constraints.
- Learn and use software applications needed in the position, including analytical software, word processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, and database software.
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes drug screening, and inclusion in random drug testing program.
- Demonstrable ability to fulfill and promote L&A core values.
- Previous experience on Department of Energy (DOE) sites and with DOE programs.
- Previous experience with Contractor Assurance System elements.
- Working Conditions
- Work is performed in an office setting.Physical Demands
- May involve standing and walking for brief periods
- May involve minimal or infrequent lifting or carrying.
- LOCATION: Primary: Los Alamos, New Mexico