We are currently seeking a Contracts Officer to join an extensive 20-year framework project known as PPP (Programme and Project Partners), with an estimated value of £6.5billion. The PPP model will revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield nuclear site and help deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material, and ultimately support the transformation of Sellafield from a nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The Contract Officer will work within the Commercial Department to administer and manage subcontract activity and relationships. This could be either single or multiple subcontracts dependent upon the size and scope of the packages.
You will also be responsible for liaising with all discipline leads having contact with subcontractors.
• Issuing all contractual notices, correspondence and maintaining logs.
• Implementing and maintaining change procedures and maintaining logs.
• Valuation and agreement of monthly payments.
• Valuation and agreement of all variations and adjustments to subcontractor accounts.
• Issuing and payment of certificates to subcontractors.
• Issuing all notices of contra charge and or set off to subcontractors.
• Formulating contemporary records relating to subcontractors performance, resources levels and progress.
• Providing reports to pre-agreed detail and at regular intervals.
• Agreement of Final Accounts with subcontractors inclusive of retention release as appropriate.
• Administration of contracts on Engineering Procure and Construct (EPC) or major construction projects including subcontract management activities
• Negotiations with goods and services suppliers and contractors for the provision of works including ability to evaluate technical and contractual information
• Delivering negotiated savings and identification of cost reduction initiatives
• Project risk and commercial risk management processes and technique for mitigating commercial and contractual risk.
Olivia is a Key Account Consultant based in the South West, UK. She has 8 years experience in recruitment and account management focusing on accounts across major UK nuclear new build and development programmes.
Please apply directly online using the button below or chat with one of our consultants about this professional opportunity.