For a new build project, based in the Netherlands, we’re currently looking for an expert on Core Structure as well as an excellent communicator to strengthen the Design & Licensing team.
Your main role will be to act as core structure system engineer/subject matter expert. This role entails review of the design of the Nuclear Island, developed by a specialized external party, on the basis of a functional specification. As part of your role you would also need to participate in value management/value engineering efforts of the design, oversee work packages in the capacity of work package owner and present the design of the core structures with support of the designer of the Nuclear Island to the ANVS.
- Be the responsible systems engineer for the core structure systems (including Radio Isotope production rigs, First Shutdown System, Second Shutdown System, First Shutdown System prototype) other experiments & irradiation facilities, ensuring the right design according to the technical requirements and Dutch Regulatory Requirements.
- You will assess the design proposed by the Contractor.
- You will use value engineering and design-to-cost principles to optimize the design
- Qualifying technology to be applied and conducting audits (quality assessments) at suppliers is part of your tasks and quality control during installation
- You have regular meetings with supporting engineers and the designer of the reactor
- Support interface control between Nuclear Island and other stakeholders.
- Define vendor design codes and standards evaluation criteria.
- Evaluate the effect of code selection on the maintaining the plant afterwards e.g. replacement part manufacturing.
- Support code justification to regulator.
- Evaluate the extent of localization that is possible (e.g. Availability of materials in local market)
- Support assessment the Quality Management System of vendor with regard to manufacturing and design process.
- Support the review of the conceptual safety report and safety analysis report.
- Act as Work Package Owner for the core structure systems.
- With respect to your assigned work packages report on progress, budget, risks and issues to the Engineering Manager.
- Strong communication skills and entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience dealing with contractors within a EPCM/EPC environment
- Having nuclear codes and standards knowledge and experience
- You have a relevant education at higher professional or university level, preferably in the field of engineering
- You have around ten years of technical experience (as an Engineer!) gained in complex projects in the nuclear or energy sector, or in the process or chemical industries
- Having system engineering experience is an advantage
- You can set priorities and have a structured way of working
- Affinity with International Atomic Energy Agency systems and guidelines is an advantage
- Your oral and written communication in English is excellent
- You are safety conscious, quality conscious, customer-oriented and result-oriented