Would you like to lead the Design and Execution of experimental programs while contributing to the net-zero energy solution?
We are currently looking for a Lab Manager to lead the Depleted Uranium Test Facility in Almelo.
You’ll be responsible for translating the scientific programs supplied by the R&D managers into an experimental program, develop project plans and ensure these are executed on time, safely, and to high quality.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ensure that all documents are in place as necessary in support of the experimental program, working closely with the R&D manager and safety engineer, and local stakeholders.
- Report on progress and provide tests results to R&D managers
- Ensure that all activities in the lab are executed safely and in line with applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and standards
- Manage the know-how for test equipment and collate the know-how gathered during testing, making this accessible to all relevant stakeholders. Advise the product line Lead on the Lab Operator’s requisite skills and experience
- Ensure that new external technological developments are assessed for their relevance and potential application in the lab
- Supervise the respective Lab Operator
- Basic knowledge of inorganic and organometallic chemistry and catalysis
- Good analytical skills, able to generate insights, conclusions and recommendations from data
- Working knowledge of safety management and cost control
- Project management skills, in particular project/program definition, scheduling and reporting.
- Proficient in English
- Professional experience, ideally in plant design, engineering and construction